You’ve already written your book – Now What?
You’re considering writing a book – What Next?
The above are two terrific questions we hear from authors and potential authors all the time. We’re here to help guide you through the entire publishing experience. And what an experience it is!
We have been publicizing books since 1986, working with major publishers, independent presses and self-published authors. Over these 30 years, we’ve witnessed the changing world of publishing, from consolidation of the major New York publishing houses to the launch of Amazon; the proliferation and the decline of the local, independent bookstore.
When we started, the 20-city author tour was the norm. There were 2-3 local television talk shows, newspapers and radio shows in every market. Now we’re lucky if there is one of each. We pride ourselves in adapting quickly to changes. Now, with blogs and social media, we strategize author campaigns to reach a targeted demographic –even more likely to buy their book.
When you hire BrandStand, you are not just hiring a book publicist. You are hiring a National Public Relations firm with offices in multiple cities. See our SERVICES page on our main site for additional services we provide our corporate clients.
Message Development & Media Training
(all media relations programs consist of mail or email, plus personal outreach to each editor, writer, or producer)
- Galley & Review Mailing: a targeted mailing of your book (pre or post publication) to key book reviewers and major media
- Local Media (local best seller program): Get things rolling with an impactful outreach program to the media in your hometown (“Local author shines!”)
- National Media: Outreach to targeted media, including Broadcast (TV& Radio) and Print
- Radio Media Tour: A series of radio interviews with radio hosts who actually read your book
- Online media: Targeted bloggers and online partners to traditional media will be pitched
Speaker & Book Signing Tours
When you travel, your book travels with you. We will consult with you on all of your speaking engagements and coordinate media to support them.
Book Blog Tours
This strategic campaign will maximize your presence online. “Bookcentric” websites and blogs will run reviews, interviews and promotions.
Consultation on all Social media formats.
- Posting excerpts
- Posting photos
- Sharing content